Monday 17 August 2015

Well Preserved!

2 Saturdays ago I went with Glenquarry Goddess Junior to a pickling and preserving workship. It was held at a place called Cornersmith which is in Marrickville Sydney.




At this workshop I was surprised that there were more men that women!  We were going to learn the principles and basics from which you can start your preserving at home.  We made a fennel pickle, apple chutney as well as having a very yummy lunch at the end featuring artisanal pickles, labnah (yoghurt cheese) and sour dough bread.



Fennel Pickles

Apple Chutney



I bought the two books above so I could extend my knowledge of preserving as I like the idea of using things in season and saving excess to use at other times of the year.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm off in a bit of a pickle!  

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing