Thursday 6 August 2015

Mini breaks



We have had a very busy couple of weekends lately, in fact I have not been at home for a whole weekend for the whole month of July. I feel a bit like that song...I've been everywhere man

Been to Adelaide for a food and wine weekend , Gold Coast for my companies sale conference, Victoria to attend a truffle farming workshop  and  to round it off Noumea for a birthday mini break.

Now I need a holiday to get over my mini breaks!

In fact mini breaks are our speciality, we have been doing them since our children were young. My mother gave me some very good advice when I got married to make sure that we made time for ourselves away from the kids and I am pleased to say this is one piece of advice from my mother that I have taken!


Here is the great  air bnb place we stayed at when we went to Victoria, it is in Olinda in the Dandenongs about 50km outside Melbourne. I love air bnb, Every place we have stayed in has been great and it's nice to have a bit more space and a kitchen etc when your travelling.


I managed to tick something off my bucket list while in Adelaide....We went to Penfold"s Magill Estate (home of the famous Grange Hermitage) and had lunch at the cellar door cafe. So when at Penfolds what must you do? Have a glass of Grange. But Oh la la, its $1 a millilitre (probably worth more than gold). But we did it the cheap arse way ( well relatively if you think $150 for a glass of wine is being a cheap arse) but we shared it! So we can say we have tried Grange. Frankly I don't see what all the hype is about, it is a good drop sure, but to my not sophisticated palate it was no better than say a good $30-40 bottle of red.

At $1 a ml, best to share!
It's so valuable its under lock and key!


Here's a little gem from our road trip to Victoria, if you have seen the movie "The Castle" you'll get the reference.... I was surprised to find out it really exists!




So that's it for today.. off to Gibraltar Hotel Bowral for Geoff Harvey's 80th Birthday party!

ciao!





0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing