Tuesday 25 August 2015

Opportunity Knocks... vintage shopping

One of my not so secret pleasures is to wander around op and second hand stores for bargains. We are blessed here in the Southern Highlands, in that we have a plethora of these around the area.   A couple of Sundays ago we went into Bowral for afternoon tea and decided to wander around Dirty Jane's Emporium and then take tea in the quaint tea house on site.




Think of your grandmother's best china,  all delicate and dainty and old fashioned silver tea services, and you'll get the picture.  Our chai tea was one of the best I have had in a long time.  And then......





with the tea pot our tea was served in!





so much so that I asked if I could buy that very pot!  Sadly it was not to be had, but then I became obsessed with getting a teapot just like it, I can be like that some times!

I became addicted to getting my ideal teapot!
Not quite the teapot I was looking for








 So I trawled Dirty Jane's after our tea and found this one with a matching sugar bowl as well.


But still my obsession was not satisfied, soon I  was like a drug addict, I couldn't get enough of tea pots!  I found myself hanging out on e-bay and ruby lane looking  to score more tea pots.....




and then I found these two beauties, one came from New Zealand and one is from the United Kingdom.




So now my teapot obsession is satisfied




 I have 3 beautiful pots that I use everyday.

Here are some other little gems I have picked up recently: 

a pair of candlesticks



 and this weekend bounty from our local tip recycling shop a genuine 1970's crock pot, check out that funky font on the dial!


The Doyenne of Australian cooking, Margaret Fultan's autobiography

a 1970's guide to landscaping, perfect for our 1970's courtyard makeover!

and some more info on being organic farmers

I could go on and on on some of the other great second hand shops, but I might leave that for another post. So if you are planing a trip to the Southern Highlands make sure you make some time for some opportunity shopping, as we know Opportunity comes once in a lifetime!





0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing