Sunday 10 August 2014

Playing in your own backyard...

I had a great weekend, how about you?



I spent the weekend with 2 of my lovely daughters playing in my backyard that is the NSW Southern Highlands.

Let me explain.....

When we moved here we joined the local slow food group in an effort to meet like minded people and enjoy good food and conversation. Unfortunately our local group disbanded due to no-one wanting to take over the running of the group ( I expect people are too busy or too scared!)  but the couple who were the leading lights went on to start their own business...

food path, so this weekend we spent Saturday taking on 2 of their tours.

The first one was at a local truffle farm that now has the honour of growing the largest truffle ever found in Australia  Yelverton Truffles. Which is just down the road from Glenquarry Goddess.  And I might just put it down here , that a trufferie is on the cards here to!  You just might have to wait a few year for us to be productive.

Favorite youngest  daughter  with "Jet" the wonder dog

here we are a the entrance to the Trufferie 












A side note here, my husband's Irish Ancestors family pile is called Yelverton, so isn't that a bit of serendipity?

Then we went on to Bousaada winery vineyard and mead makers, check out the beautiful building, designed for sustainability and the climate, I can highly recommend Alistair and Michele,  the hosts for a very welcoming, relaxing and informative experience.
Bousaada Winery front entrance


Our final stop was at Eling Forest winery and cafe I can recommend the winery tour and our guide was Mark,one of  4 full time wine makers they have here. It is a great tour with lots of tastings, if you get my drift.... :-)

and tomorrow I'll let you know what we did today!

so come back to play in my backyard tomorrow,,,,,,, please???




0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing