Monday 16 January 2012

Perv Appeal

I am again in a hotel room, it's Monday night and there is definitely nothing on the box, so I thought I would do some stream of consciousness blogging, so here it goes......

I have just been watching a story on Australia's first road cycling team     http://www.greenedgecycling.com/   and I must say I did enjoy viewing the "team" and it got me to thinking what is it about a man in lycra suit, with legs ( that are better shaved than mine, I must admit) that got my attention? I like to think I am more a woman who likes a "cerebral" man ( no pun on my new role there!) but I find as I am getting older ( very slowly mind you) that a well turned calf can turn my eye, I like to call it  "Perv Appeal" a bit of a pun on that old real estate thing called "Kerb Appeal" which means you like it at first glance and want to take a further look!

I know the male of the species has always been driven to look for "Perv Appeal" but I wonder when did it become OK for us gals to do the same?  When I was a younger woman we used to say guys had "cute butts" even that might have been considered a bit risque but now it seems we all walk around with our eyes wide open all the time!  I got this expression from a  friend who used this expression, "I may be married but I still walk around with my eyes open"  ( hello Laszlo,!) a great way of saying I may be in a loving committed relationship, but Hell I still like to Perve!



They ( I am not sure who "they" are but they get a lot of press) say that young woman are often behaving more badly than the lads, so is this perving a sympton of a far wider problem? Can we envisage groups of middle aged women driving around our suburbs yelling at men on the street to "show us your calves/butts/biceps etc" or will the wet t-shirt competition be replaced by the man in  wet lycra competition?
will we secretly be taping the tour de france to feed our fantasy??  I can admit to this at least, I stayed up to watch most of the final days of the tour last year, my husband was in bed asleep , maybe that says it all!


so that you can see what I have been carrying on like a pork chop about, here it is!.....


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing