Wednesday 11 January 2012

Missing in Action

I arrived home safe and sound, although it did take a day or 2 to get back on Oz time, As Dorothy Said

"There's no place like home"

anyway I was only home for 1 1/2 days and now ensconced in a hotel in Sydney while doing training for my new role at work. All going well (I think, anyway this is not about work) I do have a LIFE you know!


I have been  thinking about New Years Resolutions. 

I think they are a bit like wishes, if you tell anyone what you have resolved to change in the next year they won't come true, so I, for the most part have kept them to myself. I can't claim that I have any great success in keeping most of them, maybe I should have told more people so that they can make me keep my resolutions!

So I googled New Years Resolutions and the top result was : the top 10 resolutions ( according to http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/holidays/tp/resolutions.htm)  not sure if Pittsburgh has a monopoly on new years resolutions or that the people in Pittsburgh are particularly vocal about what their resolutions are but here they are. I bet you can predict most of them....





go on have a go


OK, here they are, and my musings on them.

1. Spend more time with family and friends.   (I think this is cheating as I  thought this was what everyone said on their death bed, so therefore not a resolution)

2.Get fit,  (I say "Fit for What" , please be more specific!)

3.Lose weight (Does anyone not have this one,   maybe Kate Moss??)

4. Quit Smoking ( Honestly, if you are dumb enough to smoke with all the info we have about its effect on your health, then please return to no.1 and read DEATH BED WISH!)

5. Enjoy life more   (Oh come on Pittsburgh, how bloody boring is this?  so does this mean for example being independantly wealthy and not having to work or marrying well ?  having more holidays?   or maybe living in a nice place?   then maybe that resolution should be, win lottery, marry rich man/woman, or maybe  move out of Pittsburgh??)

6. Quit Drinking  (Sorry, what about previous resolution no. 5 , isn't alcohol a part of enjoying life?) Well at least recovering from a hangover makes you appreciate life!

7. Get out of debt. (The answer: pls refer to resolution no. 5)

8.Learn something new, (how about how to quit smoking, quit drinking and balancing your budget?  that's a start a least) If all else fails, start a blog!

9.Help Others   (I feel I am doing a community service in bringing all this to your attention)

10.Get Organised   (I have made my resolutions, have you??)

Actually no.10 is very me, I live in organised CHAOS most of the time. And at the risk of not sticking to my resolutions  I am taking a  risk in letting you know this is my resolution for this year

(only 1, I do have a LIFE you know!)  and it is  from my BFF  Karen "Pats"Brown who told me once something her mother said and it makes a lot of sense to me ( I am a wife and mother too!)

"Don't  put it down, put it away!"  Please feel free to use any voice in your head that you have lurking there!

Baby Macbeth,     http://www.baby-mac.com/

I think Bev would say this! :-)


I think that is the answer to life! The key to keeping your life in complete balance, how to find everying when you need to, so that is my new mantra!

Anyway enough of my raving for tonight, can you tell I am in a hotel alone and there is not much of value on the TV?
thanks for reading!

2 comments:

BabyMac said...

Welcome home! I have been meaning to you text you to check you got back safe and sound. Good resolution...I am the QUEEN of putting away. I'm quick mental like that. See you soon x

Marguerite said...

...the only thing I have been able to put away lately is a few wines! think thats my resolution - may it continue

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing