Friday 13 January 2012

Brain Drain!

It's Friday, 5.45pm have just arrived home from training in Sydney, pleased to report my significant other organised dinner and I have a gin and tonic in hand. (See,  never follow my own advice, see earlier blogs about drinking and blogging/texting etc)

Anyway it has been a great week learning new things and keeping Alzheimer's at bay, I hope, (isn't that the key to it, surround yourself with younger people and learn new things??). Anyway,  so now I have met my new team mates , but  I am not going to talk much about work because as you all know  I HAVE A LIFE, but it was interesting to see how things have changed in the protocol of the information you give people now when you meet them.

There's a lot of,  "are  you on Facebook, twitter, linked in, blogging" etc and it got me to thinking about how much do you want people you work with to know about you??? I don't mean that in a sinister way, but I,  and many others I suspect like to keep their work and personal like separate to a degree, so by giving away all your various contact outlets you are knocking down that invisible wall.  And YES if you were going to ask, I did give my twitter and blog details out! I am still new on it all  and need the followers !!

But what is the protocol, if someone from your work wants to be your friend on Facebook?  Do you say yes, and then let them see all the embarrassing things your family post on your wall? Or does the fact that  your co-workers follow your blog limit your  "freedom of the press" so to say??  Can what you write online come back to bite you on the bum metaphorically speaking??  ( that was my Carrie SATC moment there, in case you didn't notice)

This is totally random  (see I have the young persons lingo down pat),  but I have just done a spell check and the following words were flagged as not known, and please note I am writing this on a computer,  connected to the internet and using a Google site app to blog ( oh, I bet app will come up in the spell check too!)

Facebook
Blogging
Texting
online

and FYI   app did not come up in the spell check!

Well I feel I have done my community service for today, and now that it is officially the weekend I am off the  'av a good weekend!

A bit of self promotion here:
expect some great blogs next week, when the Glenquarry goddess goes to Sales Conference, there maybe a lot of twittering, blogging over .05 happening !
;-)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing