Sunday 18 December 2011

viva las vegas, and the rest!

Still not taking my own and others advice and have had a sav blanc here tonight, I can't believe how inexpensive alcohol is here in las vegas! Anyway that's another story for another day.

What have I been up to, well....
been to Palm Springs, and loved it! If you love mid century architecture and especially desert modern this is the place to go. We had a blast, although some of the more famous houses are very hard to see, they have their own private roads with security and gates. It is very apparent that there is a recession on here, the shops are empty, there are a lot of empty shops and not many people around.

we went on the Aeriel tram, which was quite fun, you catch this cable car which rotates 360 degrees while you are ascending and descending and takes you to the top of Mt Joachim national park a full 8500 feet, (2.5 miles I am told) where you are greeted with snow, ice and searing cold! I was dressed for the desert and found it very chilly!
Here is a video I made from my i-phone


BUT!

when you get to Vegas it all changes!

there are people everywhere, with drinks in their hands! People of all types, ages, ethnicity and sizes! I find it hard to believe that brand names like Vuitton, Chanel, Dior et al can find enough customers here but a lot of these brand names have stores in every hotel complex, so something must be working for them!

anyway it's Saturday night in Vegas, and I have a date with a hot ( insert whatever you are thinking at this moment!)  pillow, still not over my jet lag and can sleep at the drop of a hat.

Anyway thanks for reading and will post something again soon.

1 comments:

BabyMac said...

I LOVE your official voice on the video. Snow! Weather is still the same here at home - raining, miserable and COLD. Enjoy the next week!

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing