Friday 25 July 2014

That was the week that was.. gap year week 1

Well, I've come to the end of my first full week of my grey gap year so what did I get up to you ask?

Here's all the exciting details...



Got a job,  


 and  then sacked my self!




Yes, really! I applied for a job at a local nursing home and they asked me to do a "buddy shift" where you work with another nurse  (a sort of try before you buy kind of thing), well even though I did the shift and it was not too bad, when the day came to go  back for another, I chickened out at rang them and sacked my self,  It was a kind of  "it's not you, it's me thing"  if you get my drift.  I firmly know now that my nursing interests lie in the more acute care area. So, not a lost cause, just a good learning experience.



and that was only the second day of the gap year!

So here are some highlights of my week....



2 of  my tweets got retweeted and favourited!!     YES!!
1 by by hotels.com and the other by ABC 702 Sydney!   so nearly big time social media player!

If you want to follow me ( and let's face it, there is always room for one more twitter stalker!)  my
 twitter handle is 

@kt2576

Had dinner at one of Sydney's best restaurants, Aria on Saturday night before attending The White Album Concert at the Sydney Opera House.  Had a amazing dinner (we went for the pre-theatre menu and it's amazing value with fantastic food and service) and the show at the Opera House was as equally good;  and I don't imagine there are many Operas where the audience stands up and dances in the seats and aisles, which is what we did at the show!  And now I think I have a bit of a crush  on Tim Rogers too!





In between all this excitement, I've been cooking, drinking some lovely French wine,
and scouring op shops for pre-loved things I can resurrect, like this little bedroom slipper chair I got today for the bargain price of $15!  She's going to scrub all nice and pretty when I get some new fabric on her.




and I've been catching up on essential reading....




So all in all I can say it was a pretty good week, how about you,  did you do something exciting, interesting or like me,  sack yourself from your job this week?

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing