Friday 18 July 2014

Mind the gap!.. ( year) I'm so tired.....part 1

Thanks for your feedback and comments, to my post about my grey gap year.  I thought I would put it in perspective, lest you all think I'm a so posh lady with so much money she can just give up work and swan around the world.



not that kind of swan











Perish the thought! I'm just tired, worn out and want a rest.






Some of you may not know but I was sent to work as a child, ( not down the mines, but in the pub!)

My sister, brother and I spent most of our Sunday mornings from when I was old enough to count, putting coin change on cigarette packets for the dispensing machines in the pub where we lived and worked!

For the younger readers, (and there are some) in the olden days, before cigarettes were locked up in plain packaging, they were freely available and people bought them from cigarette machines a bit like
this. The big miracle was that on you put in the money and the change miraculously appeared on your cigarette packet nicely sticky taped to the front of the pack.



Now I don't want to boast but I must have been child genius, as my parents wrote each brand we had in the machine, and what change to put on each pack and I supervised the production line, and as far as I know we got very few complaints from people being short changed.

We also did a sideline in lemonade concentrate, (this was in the days before post mix, like I said the olden days)

anyway my working career started young and never stopped. Here is a list of all the jobs I have done

cigarette change superisor
lemonade concentrate supervisor
hotel receptionist
Telex operator; if you don't know what that is, google it!




Sylvester switchboard operator  


and this is all before I am 13, so stay tuned for the next chapter of

"My Brilliant Career"


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing