Monday 29 July 2013

Whose your Daddy?

Last Saturday night rock and roll royalty came to town, none other than Ross Wilson of Daddy Cool and Mondo Rock fame. He played at the Gibraltar Hotel here in Bowral. Which I must say has been an excellent addition to life here in the Highlands. We have now seen Glenn Shorrock and Richard Clapton here and there are many other musicians who have come or are coming soon to play here.

We had an early dinner before the show at what I think is one of the best places to eat here in the highlands (and there are a lot!) Cafe Rosso. Every time we have eaten there, the service has been flawless, the food fresh, tasty and seasonal and a great ambiance with Sebastian, mine host schmoozing with the diners. In fact last time we ate there we had a cannelini  bean bruschetta which was amazing in its simplicity but wonderful in taste and texture. Well the next day we ran into Sebastian at the local green grocers and I told him I was trying to recreate his dish at home that night, he gladly gave the recipe and some tips and tricks, I love that! 

anyway back to Ross Wilson....




He played a good mix of his old and new material and of course it was the famous  "Eagle Rock" that got the audience up and dancing ( even my significant other did a turn on the dance floor with me!)


Ross Wilson 


I can say that he still sounds as good as ever and was supported by an excellent ensemble of musicians. I downloaded Daddy Cool's greatest hits on the old i-phone and relived the concert on the way home!



Me, channeling my inner rock chick!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing