Saturday 3 August 2013

Many happy returns

This week it was my birthday, not a "special" one,  but I think every birthday ought to be special don't you?

I didn't want to go out for dinner on my actual birthday but rather a nice lunch on the Friday, so much more relaxing, so the Significant Other took me to one of my all time faves here in the highlands,  Josh's cafe.

We started with a local wine which I can highly recommend.


For entree I had falafel and then for main course wonderful lamb Kofta with tomato cous cous.

And because it was my birthday and I was not driving, we had another wine!


Not wanting to be greedy we shared a desert, a chocolate samosa with strawberry and mint and vanilla bean ice cream... delicious!

then a coffee, complete with a love heart...

and then because it was my birthday I got a "special" Happy Birthday song from the entire restaurant, along with a one off serenade!  Made me feel quite special indeed.


So now my birthday week is over, and back to normal life so for any of you  yet to have your birthdays this year, I wish you all a Happy Birthday and hope you enjoy yourself as much as I did this year.


0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing