Friday 19 July 2013

I have been musing the last couple of days about things, really important things, like why do people (me, included) like to have Eiffel tower candle holders, diaries, phone covers ( in fact for me anything with an Eiffel tower is a given that I will purchase it)  pictures of the New York city skyline etc etc, you get my drift when we live in Australia?

There a number of shops here in Glenquarry Goddess land that survive on selling such paraphernalia and whole furniture stores devoted to recreating the whole french country home experience right here in the southern highlands. So I am not criticising, I just started to wonder if people in USA or Europe feel the need to have an essence of the Australian way of life as part of their home decor?

I imagined there were homes all over Europe and North American that had Opera House lampshades and Harbour Bridge coathangers 


Made from hard wearing Australian made polypropylene, these funky lamps add atmosphere to any room. They are easy to assemble and come in a variety of colours.
Product Number: 3409
Price: $89.95
(All prices are shown in Australian dollars)

or how about something really useful



or something a little retro..

a doily from the Powerhouse museum collection, 1941.

So on this Friday afternoon, I will leave you with those thoughts and perhaps any readers from outside Australia might like to share with us if they like a little bit of "down under" in their home decor.






0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing