Monday 17 December 2012

Washing Day

Traditionally Monday was washing day, this was the day that housewives spent boiling the copper and hand washing and wringing the laundry in those long gone days before washing machines.

Well, since today is Monday I thought I would  air some of my dirty laundry secrets with you,
are you ready?

I wash and recycle my zip lock bags!

There it is out for all to see.


I think it is a waste to use them only once. Obviously I have standards on which ones I reuse. Not any that have had meat in them, or been used for frozen food, but if it has been just for dry goods and there are no holes and the zip lock works, why not re-use I say. I was doing my pre-Christmas pantry clean up and managed to find 12 bags of various sizes that were worthy of reuse so here they are drying on the line.

and here is one of the nicely rearranged pantry, ( note the use of the labeller for the canisters, very classy me thinks!)



I did a straw poll with some girlfriends the other day at lunch and it was 50-50 on whether this was a tight arse thing to do or not, have you got an opinion?  Have you any dirty little secrets you would like to confess to me, remember confession is good for the soul.

Me, I'm off now to clean up the saucepan cupboard, I wonder what  I will find to blog about from that adventure!



0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing