Monday 28 November 2011

What's this thing about 7?

I have recently been thinking about how often the number 7 is cited as the definitive list number.
Yes I have a lot of time to ponder life's questions like this while I am  growing old waiting for Godot (I mean Dr's) to see me in the operating suite! today's record was only 5 hours!!

Eg:

7 Deadly sins
7 Year Itch
7 Dwarfs
7 Wonders of the world
7 Habits of highly effective (read bloody annoying!) people
7 Brides for 7 Brothers
7 Samurai
The Jesuits saying about giving them a boy before he is 7 and they will show you the man!
James Bond 007 ( that still counts)
The Jewish 7 days of mourning
God creating the world in 7 days
7 days in a week

you get my drift?

I did some research and it is hypothesised that 7 is the spirit of perfection in the bible,
so that must explain why marketing gurus have decided that we have
7 signs of AGEING  *  and even worse
7 SIGNS OF A DRY SCALP!

* I seem to recall  the 7 signs used to be only 5, then they obviously found 2 more. I am so glad to know that skin care and hair shampoo companies are spending their days finding these things out for us, God forbid if we only looked for the 5 signs we might grow old without even being aware of it!

I hope you can sense that my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. :-)

Anyway if you have any  another answers to this 7 conspiracy feel free to let me know, I am now off to check how many signs of a dry scalp I have, always very competitive,  I want to be first to get to 7!


did you notice I had 7 paragraphs in that blog, it's spooky! ( not counting this one of course)

1 comments:

Vin Cent said...

Dear Goddess. What about Blake's Seven?

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing