Wednesday 9 November 2011

"I know how she does it!"

I went with a friend to see the movie "I don't know how she does it" last weekend. I was looking forward to seeing SJP in this role as I had loved the book., and as a SATC tragic any excuse to see "Carrie" I'm there!

I did not expect an academy award winning movie, but was pleasantly surprised overall at the movie but it got me to thinking (see a little bit of "Carrie" there) in interviews SJP talks about how difficult it is to be a working mum,  Give me a break!

I know how THEY do it, they have a number of things on their side:

1. ample financial resources ( well, a lot more than most)
2. a retinue of nannies, cooks, personal assistants, personal trainers, stylists and other hangers on telling them how fabulous they are!
3. they are "too busy" to have their own babies so they have someone else to do that for them ( see point 1).

Maybe I am just jealous of them, ( maybe a bit) but I would love to see SJP live the life of a real mum with out the assorted said retinue and see how "difficult" she find it.

So before we start glorifying these "supermums" have a look around at yourselves and your friends and remember we are the 99%.

thanks for reading!       http://howshedoesitmovie.com/

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing