Tuesday 14 May 2013

Second Hand Rose

I love op shopping!

Today I was in Sydney for work, and on my way home I detoured via the Salvos warehouse in Tempe for a quick look around for any goodies.

Well all I can say is that I did myself proud!  The place is enormous, and if I had more space at home I would have bought some pretty retro furniture at a very good price.

Here are  a few of my bargains.

Vintage tray, just perfect for my 60's cocktail cabinet, AKA "Don Draper"

Very useful picnic basket, note holder for not 1 but 2 bottles of wine!

Aqua elongated bowl and very retro silver plated serving platter

Every good kitchen needs a good heatproof jug ( $6!!)

Basket $2.50, going to keep it for a gift basket, sherry glasses 20c each got 8 to put in Don Draper

Funky 70's plates




I am getting quite a collection of Nana napkins, all so lovely and only 50 or  20c each!


I am putting together a quirky collection of 60's and 70's crockery, the idea is to have mismatched ones on the table when having a dinner party themed around "mad men" ( watch this space!).

how much did I spend in all, well about $25, and the money is going to a good cause, The Salvos.

My idea for Christmas this year is that for our family we will all give pre-loved gifts, so that we are not contributing to more waste in the world. I can see from my op shopping ventures there is a lot more stuff that is of interest to me and ideas for gifts than I find in the regular stores.

How about you, are you a op-shopaholic???

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing