Saturday 18 May 2013

Going Stationary on Stationery...... no longer

Do you remember the olden days, about 15 years ago, before email and the internet??

Do you remember being taught how to set out a letter at school?

Do you remember learning how to write Thank you letters etc?

Did you ever have a pen pal?

Do you remember stationery? 

remember my favourite letter writing paper when I was a young girl was Croxley Deckle does anyone remember that?  It was quite thick with a lovely crinkly edge to it, really quite posh if I may say so.

I must say I have always been a great lover of good stationery and pens remember my post of last year about my penchant for hotel pens?

Well I have quite a collection of stationery, postcards, letter cards etc  that I collect/purchase from all over the place, but you know what?  Because of our now instant communication systems I hardly every use them, which is quite sad as they sit lonely (but not unloved) in my desk drawer.

So I have decided to resurrect the old fashioned letter, so this week I have written letters to 5 people I know and love so if you keep a look out you might see something in your non-virtual letter box real soon!

So I am calling on all of you to no longer be stationary on stationery and spend a few minutes writing a real proper letter to your nearest and dearest!

BTW does the spelling of stationary/stationery confuse you, here's a tip  (courtesy of  the Significant Other)  remember "E" for envelope, then you'll never go wrong! 

Here are some of my favourite stationery pieces.

The Bon Jour Cards I purchased at  the Toulouse Lautrec  exhibition in Canberra this year 

As you can see I'm a sucker for anything French!

You should see the sexist Ads on the 50's cards!

Pretty patterned Letter Cards

Some hotel stationery


1 comments:

Annie said...

Last year I decided to write to my 7 god-daughters- handwritten and asked them to do same in return which we now all do twice a year. I also saw my niece open a birthday present of boxed notelets today and she wasn't sure what they were for.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing