Monday 26 March 2012

Flirtation Device

It was a long week, I went to New Zealand for a conference last week, got home rather late last evening and have spent all day catching up with all the work paperwork that slides when you are away, so I have been working on this post for a while and now think I will have to put it out there.....

Do you have a Flirtation Device?

You might be thinking, oh no! Is she is drinking and blogging again, (well I am, as I never take my own advice) but I am serious and in case you think it is a typo,  I don't mean a flotation device, unless you are on a plane right this moment (in that case, please switch to flight mode and read later!) or a stranded cruise liner somewhere in the Adriatic.

I think every woman needs a flirtation device, which is a bit like the real life saving device which has a light and a whistle to attract attention**, a Flirtation Device is a lifesaver to women. In case you think I have really lost it here is my thinking.

There has been a lot of talk in the media here lately about middle aged women being "invisible", that is we reach an age when we are no longer noticed by men (other than our husbands I hope) and by society in general. So I think in order to counteract this,  it is our duty to go out and find a flirtation device to attract attention.

In my case, it is a work husband. You know one of those guys who are nice and safe, ( a bit like your own man) but you get on really well with, and no URST, (let me know if you need me to expand on that) but who gently flirts with you, notices what you wear, if you have lost weight and have a new hairdo ( and no he is not gay!) makes you feel good about yourself and generally makes your work life bearable.

Your Flirtation Device (FD)should be disclosed to your Significant Other (SO) lest he think you are planning to bolt off with him and take the family silver etc and leave him with wall to wall floorboards and not much else. It has been known for FD and SO's to become good friends and then the risk is the SO will desert you for the FD!!

So if you are missing this necessity for the modern  middle age femme fatale I have found the rules of flirting for you so that you can be prepared for your very own Flirtation Device.

http://www.sirc.org/publik/flirt.html

*** a light and a whistle for attracting attention, EXCUSE ME, if I am unlucky enough to be in the sea, after an emergency landing, I do not want to be giving the sharks an advantage!!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing