Friday 16 March 2012

5 star or 5 million stars?

I remember the days when staying in a hotel was special and exciting. That was in the old days when we were young parents and even staying in a highway motel seemed better than home. How things change, now I find I am quite blasé  about hotels in general, I think this has occurred due to the amount of business travel I have done over the last 12 years and now I find most hotels ( even the 5 star variety) are not as good as my home!


What does a hotel offer that I cannot get a home?

Luxury bedding and Designer Rooms??

We have 1000 count egyptian cotton sheets on our bed with an abdunace of pillows of all types.
a view? Well here is mine


Luxury Bathroom??
Well we have a dual shower one is a rainwater and a deep soaking bath with view for no added cost! PLUS big thick fluffy white bath towels!  I cannot stand it when in really good hotels the bath towels are really worn and scratchy!


Fully stocked mini bar???
and it is already paid for,  no surprises at checkout!! And none of those little annoying bottles.  And you know the worse bit?   is when they have gin but NO TONIC!!


Entertainment??

Large flat screen  TV with the correct aspect ratio ( so no short fat people on the TV)   3 iPod docks, and a number of country walks to take. PLUS a roaring fire when we need the ambience.

Significant other is now concerned that we are going to get robbed!


and the best thing about this homely hotel it is a PET FRIENDLY place!


In case you are starting to think I am a total tosser, the reason I point all this out is now I am lusting for a real holiday, under the stars ( hence the title!)

I am tired of hotels and want to have a simple and pleasurable  holiday where we can travel around, buy, cook and eat local produce and see things from  a more simple perspective. Here is my dream holiday mobile hotel, Photos courtesy of Maui campers

and here it is:


Love the outdoor inbuilt BBQ, I can see myself right there!

Camping if fine, but a girls need a loo and a quick shower even in the bush! Can you believe they can fit a shower and toilet in this space??

Significant other and I having a discussion about the next travel destination; Warning photo may not represent the real people mentioned! :-)


So what's your vote, 5 stars or 5 million stars!



Watch out for my next post called

"Who needs a turn down service!"

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com : background by Tayler : dingbat font TackODing